Mission & Faith Statements
The mission of Crandall University is that of Transforming lives through quality university education firmly rooted in the Christian faith.
This mission is accomplished through:
- The teaching of the liberal arts, sciences and professional studies that includes:
- A student-centered approach that focuses on learning rather than delivery of information only;
- A commitment to holistic growth of the person: spiritual, intellectual, personal/social and physical well-being;
- The teamwork of outstanding and dedicated staff, faculty, administrators and Board members;
- The development of a unified and caring community wherein participants are sensitive to the needs of each other, encourage each other in character formation, leadership skills and the integration of faith and learning whereby they are prepared for future positions of influence and leadership in the service of God’s Kingdom;
- Openness to persons of every race, colour, gender and creed who choose to become part of the community of Crandall University.
- Research by faculty that includes but is not limited to:
- Expansion of knowledge within the scholar’s discipline;
- A standard of excellence that affirms the University’s commitment to academic integrity;
- Advancing the integration of faith and learning through scholarship and publication that evaluate theories/conclusions in light of a Christian worldview.
Statement of Faith
- God: There is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. In the Godhead these three persons are equal and united in essence and perfection. They execute distinct but harmonious offices in the great work of redemption.
- God is Father to all people in the general sense of Creator and Sustainer of the universe. He has fatherly compassion for all humanity. God is Father, in a personal sense, to all who profess faith in His only begotten and unique Son, Jesus Christ.
- Jesus Christ is God manifest in the flesh; we affirm His virgin birth, sinless humanity, divine miracles, vicarious death once for all time, bodily resurrection and ascension, mediatorial work before the Father, and the blessed hope of His personal return in power and glory.
500 Internal Server Error
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
- The Scriptures: The Holy Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments have their authority from God alone and are given to us by divine inspiration. They are the only perfect, supreme, infallible, and sufficient standard for all matters of faith and conduct. They have been carefully preserved by the providence of God through the work of faithful believers.
- Humanity: Humanity was created sinless. By the disobedience of the first man and woman, sin entered the human race. Through this disobedience all humanity is born sinful, under the curse of condemnation and death, in need of repentance and forgiveness.
- Salvation: The salvation of lost and sinful humanity is possible only through the merits of Jesus Christ and His substitutionary death on our behalf. Salvation must be received through repentance and faith, and it is apart from works. It is characterized by regeneration by the Holy Spirit.
- The Church: The Church consists of all true believers in the Lord Jesus Christ. The Bible also identifies the local Church as an assembly of baptized believers organized for worship, discipleship, outreach, and service to others for God.
- Resurrection and Judgement: There will be a general resurrection of the bodies of the just and the unjust. God will judge all humanity. Those who are saved will live eternally in God’s presence. Those who are lost in sin will receive eternal condemnation.